Good afternoon bookworms. Or good morning, or even good night, depending on where you are in the world, and when you are reading this. Maybe under the covers at 2 am or on top of the Burj Khalifa at noon. But let’s not dig too deep into this because honestly there is no time to faff about because there are books to be read and posts to be written.
So, it’s 2017 and I’m trying to set myself some
unachievable epic goals for this coming year and I’m struggling it’s going great! I’m actually kinda super excited because I have filled another row of my bookshelf after Christmas and I CAN’T REALLY CONTAIN MY EXCITEMENT TO READ THESE BOOKS. I’VE TRIED, BUT IT’S NOT GOING TOO WELL. So, before I explode, let’s get on with the post, shall we?
~Books I got for Christmas~
- Lost in a Good Book by Jasper Fforde ~ I didn’t particularly enjoy the first book in this series, The Eyre Affair, but apparently this one is a lot better so I’m hyped because the first book, even though the plot was a bit slow, was actually pretty well written so I’m hoping this book is good, but my expectations aren’t sky-high. We shall see!
- My Family and Other Animals by Gerald Durrell ~ I watched the TV series of this and really liked it, so excitement is in the air.
- The Two Princesses of Bamarre by Gail Carson Levine ~ I’ve actually already read this but it was around 4 years ago, so I can’t remember, like, anything. Which is why I’m rereading it and hoping it’ll be as good as I remember!
- The Curious Incident of the Dog in the Night-time by Mark Haddon ~ I read this book in English at school but never actually got round to finishing it like I was supposed to, so I’m determined to finish it this year. And earlier last year I saw it in the theatre in London and it was SO GOOD so I’m really excited to read it.
- Six of Crows by Leigh Bardugo ~ Cait has been raving about this for a few centuries and it looks like my type of book so I can’t wait to read it, but I might have to read Leigh Bardugo’s first trilogy beforehand.
- Fantastic Beasts Movie Handbook ~ I watched Fantastic Beasts and Where to Find Them at the cinema and really enjoyed it but I’m still a little bit confused about some parts of the plot, so this book is going to be super helpful and hopefully enjoyable.
- The Maze Runner series by James Dashner ~ I’ve always wanted to read these books, mainly because Thomas Sangster is in the film, but also because I don’t read many popular book series and this one actually sounds decent so I am all a-buzzing.
- Pick Your Poison and Blink and You Die by Lauren Child ~ wow, it only took me a millenium to get round to finishing this series but I finally am and I’m so excited because I absolutely loved the first 3 books and this series is one of my favourites ever and ah I’m so excited!
- Holes by Louis Sachar ~ I’ve seen bits and pieces of the film on TV and I really like Shia Labeouf so I thought I’d give this book a go. To be honest, I’m reading most of the books on this list because of the films haha.
- Stop the Train by Geraldine McCaughrean ~ I loved Geraldine McCaughrean’s other book, The Positively Last Performance, so my mum decided to buy me this and ah excitement excitement excitement!!
Blog EVERY week, no exceptions (including illness/busy-ness/death)
Reach 100 followers on me blog (you can see I’m being way too ambitious haha)
Read 40 books (I’m a snail when it comes to
everything reading, so I’m aiming high here)
Change my blog name/design
Maybe write one of my books that are currently only plans and have been sitting in my documents for a couple millenia?
Knit a hat and scarf (this is irrelevant to my blog but eh)
Have you read any of the books I got for Christmas? What are your goals for 2017?